It’s back to reality after being away visiting family for a month! A WHOLE month… whoa. To be perfectly honest, I could’ve stayed through Halloween. But then again, I might forget how to cook and clean and everything else, altogether.
Coming home needs a pick-me-up and these cute little teddy bear toasts were just what we needed. They’re also perfect for Monday mornings to motivate your little (and bigger) ones to go back to school with a smile.
- 1. Start by toasting bread.
- 2. Spread creamy almond or peanut butter (my favorite brand is MaraNatha).
- 3. Trim off crust in a circular pattern for the bear’s face.
- 4. Drizzle honey, if you like your bear extra sweet and blend with a knife.
- 5. Allow children to add the bear’s facial features using: sliced bananas, raisins, blueberries, or even a combination of chocolate chips, dried cranberries or nuts.
The best part was the eruption of giggles that followed after eating Teddy’s face, ‘Oh no! You ate my nose! Now I can’t smell. Don’t eat my eyes! How will I see?’ He thought it was all quite hilarious.
This post is in partnership with MaraNatha – the best velvety-smooth natural nut butters your tongue has ever tasted… just my humble opinion.